Saturday, November 20, 2010

Nuts n' stuff...


...for breakfast!


This is a recent breakfast I put together. Bananas, ground flax, sprouted pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds, almond butter, walnuts, raspberry jam, cinnamon, salt, raisins. I haven't been eating much of any grains recently. I've been eating paleo/primal for a while now, and of course keeping with the WAPF and real food mindset. I feel great without the grains, but I have some sprouted buckwheat groats in my food supply that I bought a few months ago and need to eat up (I must admit they are tasty and crunchy) so though I don't typically eat grains, they're here in the picture. But technically buckwheat isn't even a grain? And I'm super excited because found another reason why I love my camera. It's because I FIGURED OUT digital macro mode, which is very different than just plain macro mode on the manual setting! Score. Doesn't the shot look good?

Notice my new bowl? It's ONE OF A KIND.

I just had to blog quick to let you know I still exist! No surprise, I have been super busy with school. I have a lot to wrap up between now and the end of the semester, so you won't be seeing me a lot until after December 16th. Thankfully that's not too far away! I am looking forward to going home for Christmas. At the moment though, I have to focus on getting as much accomplished each day as possible. Thanksgiving break will hopefully be as productive as I am planning on. I will continue to ask for your prayers. Only by God's strength can I accomplish all the things I have to do!!






Ps. Thanksgiving is coming! YAY.


I'm going to be eating him --->
Photo credit: Tasteto.com/







Turkey's beware :)



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog girl!! I feel like ive heard so much about the paleo diet lately! That is so interesting. I like my carbs too much tho :) haha. but thats awesome! Your breakfast looks great!

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish said...

Delicious breakfast bowl you've got there! I've been reading a lot of articles from the WAPF and am very intrigued. Thanks for leading me to it...I'm thinking of joining!

Happy-almost-turkey-day! :-)

Andrea said...

My husband wants to start eating more paleo. this actually looks exactly like something he'd eat. I'll be checking back!