Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Look what came in the mail...

.... this slow cooker!!

I am so excited :) I decided to purchase one since it would be easy in my dorm room to make meals. Now I can roast vegetables all day, simmer soups and make yogurt while I am out and about in class! My brother kindly gave me some dollars on Amazon for my birthday, so I am now putting it to good use. Also, since I am a student I get special shipping deals on Amazon, like free two-day shipping!


Do you have any easy and inexpensive real food nourishing crock pot recipes? And this baby is a 6 quart, so there are definitely gonna be left overs.


Happy mid-week!

2 comments:

Kelsey Ann said...

i LOVE my CROCKPOT! mine isnt nice like this one, quite old but its so freaking fantastic making stews and coming home after school to a whole house filled with STEW SMELL haha <3
YUMMMM

Anonymous said...

I love my crock pot. My favorite dish to make in my crock pot is pulled pork. It's really easy. I put a pork shoulder or pork butt, trimmed of fat, in my crock pot with BBQ sauce and bit of liquid smoke. I set it to high and let it cook till it falls apart. It's so tasty and makes for great leftovers.