Monday, August 16, 2010

Adventures in Quechee!

At the beginning of August Mom and I whisked ourselves off to Quechee, Vermont for two days of antiquing and a time of "getting away" from it all. It was such a fun trip and I've been meaning to blog about it for a while now; I've just been soo busy. Here are some photos from the trip. Pictures mean so much more than I can tell you. It was a short weekend of full of antiquing, finding cast iron pans, cheese, tourists, farmers markets, hiking, beautiful scenery, rest, good food, working farms, great weather, maple syrup, animals, exploring, lots of pictures and stop after stop of fun.

A hike ahead. Down the Gorge we go!
Views at the top.
Fungus on the way down...
A delicious and nourishing dinner at a new favorite restaurant.
Downtown Woodstock.
Leftover chicken with butter, one banana, raisins and coconut flakes for breakfast :)
Covered bridges.
So picturesque!
Maple syrup, cheese, animals.
Cowies!
Farmland scenery.
Georgeous Simon Pearce glassware.
Huge dam!

I hope you've enjoyed the pictures,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are so beautiful! Quechee looks like a lovely place. =)

Anonymous said...

I love Vermont and I love covered bridges. What a gorgeous place. :)

Kelsey Ann said...

the scenery is breathtaking! god nature is gorgeous isnt it! thank you mother earth <3

so fun! definitely time well spent :)

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish said...

What a beautiful trip! I've never been to Vermont, but would LOVE to go! Those covered bridges are so neat.

p.s. when I first read the title of this post, I thought you'd misspelled "quiche"! hahaha

Diana said...

Sounds like a fun time! I love antiquing and the views look gorgeous! :)