We currently have a whole bag of these at our house in the freezer. Whenever we need a muffin fix we take one out and pop it into the toaster oven to warm up. All it takes is ten minutes and you have a warm yummy muffin. These freeze very well! This will definitely be my new "to-go-to" recipe when I need to make muffins. Which reminds me, I need to remake my Morning Glory Muffin recipe without the grains and the sugar!
makes about 2 dozen muffins
2 cups blanched almond flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp each: nutmeg, allspice, cloves
1 cup pumpkin puree
3 real eggs - ours were large!
1/4 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup honey/maple syrup
1 cup chopped nuts (for topping)
Optional add ins: raisins, coconut, chocolate chips for topping
To make your muffins:
1. Preheat oven to 350. Prepare muffin tins with muffin liners.
2. Mix dry ingredients together in a medium bowl, be sure to remove lumps.
3. Mix wet ingredients together in a large bowl.
4. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
5. Pour batter into muffin tin, about 3/4 cup full for each.
6. Bake for 22-24 minutes or until a tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.