Monday, October 15, 2012
Grain-free Cinnamon Raisin Granola 1.0.
Granola is one of the things that I have missed a lot since giving up grains. I've tried a few recipes here and there that don't use oats, but the ease of making them and the combination of ingredients just didn't agree with me. Recipes were either too complicated, or just plain odd. I wanted a recipe that had the same satisfying crunch that I remember from normal oat-based granola. Finally I came up with this! It's so delicious my mom and I ate it up in no time. Primal, WAPFers, Paleo and ALL people will love this recipe. It makes either a delicious breakfast, or a great snack on the go. I also shared this with my sister-in-law who just had twin boys :) She's a grain-free granola lover and this totally made her day! I know that you'll love it too!
Grain-free Cinnamon Raisin Granola.
makes a bunch! :)
6 egg whites
1/4 cup coconut sugar
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp unrefined sea salt
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup chia seeds
1 cup (each): whole cashews, pistachios, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, coconut chips, walnuts, chopped pecans, sliced almonds, raisins
To make your delicious granola:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees convection.
2. Combine egg whites, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Whisk until frothy.
3. Add all nuts and seeds, mix well with a wooden spoon.
4. On two silicone lined baking sheets, spread out the mixture evenly between two pans.
5. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes. Stir. Another 10 minutes. Stir. Depending on your oven, you may need another 5 minutes. The first time I made this I didn't, the second time, I did.
This granola keeps very well. I store mine in an airtight container in the cupboard. Eat within 2 weeks or store in the fridge.
My favorite way to eat this is in a bowl with freshly sliced banana and some cold raw whole milk. What a nourishing breakfast!! Enjoy!