Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Organic French Dressing



Recently I've been dying to try several french dressing recipes that I've been eyeing. Today I was finally in the mood to break out and make some, but I couldn't bring myself to use any of the recipes I found (making your own is much more fun), so I just used them for inspiration in the back of my mind instead. I am really happy with the end result so far. It is currently sitting out on the counter for a few hours to let the lacto-fermented juice from the pickle jar do it's work before I place it into the refrigerator.

This recipe is super creamy and has a nice spice to it. Give it a try and tell me what you think.

French Dressing

4 Tbsp organic tomato paste -  I used Muir Glen
3 Tbsp mayonnaise - Wilderness Family naturals, or make your own homemade
2 Tbsp organic maple syrup
3 Tbsp juice from the pickle jar - I used Bubbies brand
3 oz organic and raw apple cider vinegar - Bragg's
7 oz organic olive oil
1/4 tsp organic garlic powder
1/2 tsp organic onion powder
3/4 tsp sea salt - I use Celtic sea salt
1/8 tsp kelp flakes
1/8 tsp black pepper

To make your dressing:
1. Place all the ingredients in a small glass bowl.
2. Mix together with a whisk until spices are well distributed and the mixture is opaque.
3. Pour into your favorite salad dressing jar and let sit out on the counter for a few hours.
4. Refrigerate and use on luciously delicious green salads!

Here are some other good recipes which helped inspire mine:

Lexie's french dressing



Enjoy your delicious salad!

No comments: